Getting involved as an active shareholder
Global voting activities in 2018
With this in mind, we base our activities on a selection of principles and policies:
UN Principles for Responsible Investment
In August 2010, we became a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI). These Principles were developed by a group of international institutional investors as part of a process coordinated by the UN Environment Programme Finance Initiative (UNEP FI) and the UN Global Compact.
- We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
Proxy Voting Policy
Union Investment sees its role as a responsible, active shareholder that focuses on investors’ interests at all times. We cast our votes in accordance with the current Union Investment Proxy Voting Policy.
- Our Proxy Voting Policy for reference